SHORT-TERM MISSIONS TRIP APPLICATION PACKET
Thank you for your interest in a StoryHeights Church short term missions trip! Please read through the following information and then click the link of the trip you're applying for at the bottom of this page.
On this page you will find:
Short Term Team Policy and Guidelines
A Link to the Short Term Team Member Application, which include:
Medical Information Form
Emergency Release Form
Financial Policy & Procedures
Short Term Release of Liability Form
Background Check Consent Form
Release of Liability for Minors Form
Team Covenant and Church Covenant
The forms MUST be filled out electronically. Once completed, submit your application and then submit the required trip deposit payable to StoryHeights Church, which can be made by check or debit/credit at StoryHeights.InFellowship.Com using the MISSIONS fund.
If you have any questions about this these documents or short term ministry at StoryHeights Church, please send inquiries to: Debbie@storyheights.com
SHORT-TERM TRIP POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
If you are interested in participating in a short-term mission’s trip with StoryHeights Church, please read the following:
1) Every applicant applying for a short-term mission trip must fill out an application and complete each individual section. This applies to children of applicants applying for attendance as well.
2) Application or trip questions can be sent to our Missions Director, Debbie Lee at Debbie@storyheights.com.
3) Acceptance to go on a trip is not guaranteed. Acceptance to a trip is dependent on multiple factors including trip capacity, skill sets, ministry gifts and experience, etc. Priority will be given to StoryHeights Church members. As part of the application process, short-term trip leaders may choose to hold informational interviews with the candidates applying. Should you not be selected for a trip, your deposit will be refunded.
4) A background check my be performed on applicants applying to a short term missions trip.
5) Upon approval of the application, the Missions Director will provide further information about the next preparation steps.
6) You are not permitted to solicit any funds for support and/or make any commitments on behalf of StoryHeights Church without prior approval from the Missions Director.
7) Applicants must be at least 6 years of age unless otherwise noted for a specific trip. All applicants 15 years and under must travel with a parent.
8) Team members are expected to attend all mandatory team training meetings.
9) Short-term mission trips can be rewarding and life-changing; however, they can also be stressful. Please consider factors in your personal life at this time that may distract and prohibit you from fully committing to the mission of the trip and adapting to unusual conditions.
10) If you have physical limitations, please apply for a trip which you are physically able to participate. Some trips may be prohibitive for certain physical conditions. Please discuss with the team leader if you have concerns.
11) Team members assume responsibility for their personal belongings on the trip. StoryHeights Church will not reimburse team members for items that are lost, stolen, or confiscated during the trip.